Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Modelling interchangeable weapons without magnets.

I’ve been glueing DE dolls today, and came across the need for doing interchangeable weapons on the Raider. Since I used all my magnets on something else I had to come up with a workaround for ensuring that I could change the gun.

So here is my shortcut to making the weapons on the Dark Eldar Raider interchangeable with a hobby knife, a drill and some wire.

First I cut the barrels off the guns (marked with red) – Make sure that the cut is straight and 90 degrees across the centerline of the gun.


Then I drilled the gun part and glued a piece of wire in it, for the barrels to be mounted on – Make sure to check that the wire is aligned with the centerline of the gun to avoid that the barrels ‘hangs’. I drilled the barrels after drilling the gun and mounting the wire – Same caution needs to be applied here as before.


Then I assembled the gun-mount and now the weapon can be changed. A word of advise: The longer the wire / drilling of the barrel the more stable the gun will be.


I hope that this works for the Ravager as well, as I have one arriving tomorrow :o)

/Nicolai aka Atoom

No comments:

Post a Comment