Tuesday, April 16, 2013

All Things Zombie - Reloaded!


I just came across some great news today – All Things Zombie (ATZ) got reloaded, in a new version: ATZ: Final Fade Out, described here by Andy Slack:


I played ATZ extensively in the limbo between w40k 5th and 6th edition, but it has been a while since my last game, and now I see good reasons for going back to the zombie apocalypse. For those not familiar with ATZ it is a game that allows multiple players to compete or play cooperatively while trying to survive the horrors of a zombie apocalypse.

I have really enjoyed playing long campaigns where we have experienced everything from finding the cure to mutiny and havoc within the group of survivors. The game mechanics are very intense, as the reaction systems and random turn sequence really makes surviving hard. Great game that I would recommend to all who likes the post apocalyptic setting.

I made a lot of terrain with the help of TommyGuns Paper Models. It is really worth a visit as It holds great quality that can be yours for free :) I’ve made something like 30 of the houses – Some shown here:

 
 


For models I use some modern era minis from Offensive Miniatures and ShadowForge, some shown here:

 
 
 
 
 
 


Any modern gangers and coppers will do, and I’ve bought a lot from different ranges like Hasslefree Miniatures and Copplestone Miniatures. For zombies I bought 2 Modern Zombie Mob from Wargames Factory.

ATZ is worth a try – I’ll see if I can make a battlereport at some point when I get around to playing a game in near future…

Have a nice day!

/Nicolai aka Atoom

No comments:

Post a Comment