Sunday, March 6, 2011

Running low on plasma? - Model your own!

When I was doing a plasma heavy vet squad for my IG I came across a problem – The lack of special weapons in the kits, in this case plasma, for my guardsmen. Fortunately there is a very simple way of getting a lot of plasma guns for the troopers. I play Catachan IG, and that leaves me with a lot of flamers. Another thing have a lot of in my bits box is plasma pistols, as the Space Marine assault squads have lots of these included.

Flames and plasma pistols combined with Green-stuff gives plasma guns.

Here is what I do:
  1. Cut flamer barrels and propane tanks from the flamer.
  2. Cut hand/trigger from plasma pistol
  3. Use a square file to make the two fit
  4. Glue the barrel-less flamer and trigger-less plasma pistol together
  5. Smooth out any cracks with Green-stuff


Other special weapons can also be combined with plasma pistols for a plasma gun. I’ve got grenade launches that are now plasma gunners for my Mordians and the old metal flamer Catachans can easily be turned into plasma in a similar fashion.












/Nicolai aka Atoom


1 comment:

  1. That's a nifty trick, will keep that in mind next time I'm doing some plasma for my guys :o)

    ReplyDelete