Friday, April 1, 2011

Display Cabinet – Steam-punk VC ’Auto Reaper’

A while back a started a modelling / painting project that was based on a steam punk themed vampire counts army. I’ve been fascinated by steam punk setting ever since I met it for the first time in the computer RPG called Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arcanum:_Of_Steamworks_and_Magick_Obscura).

So one day I got the idea of combining steam-power and Necromancy, and the idea for a steam-punk based VC project. I’m quite fond on some of the creations that I’ve made for this project and I’m going to show you these over the coming days.

I’m going to start with the Auto Reaper – A mechanized corpse cart that was inspired by the modern reapers. I started off by looking for a suitable steering house / reaper part, and cam across the old snotling pump wagon, that in fact is some kind of reaper – All I had to do was to build a conveyer belt that could take the recently reaped bodies to the corpse chart. The engineer on top is one of the old handgunners from a previous WFB start kit.

Modelling the Auto Reaper was great fun, and I must say that I’m very impressed with the quality of the new corpse cart. Painting was done with comic book style in mind, looking for a colourful look – Very different from the dirty look of w40k.








/Nicolai aka Atoom

No comments:

Post a Comment