Sunday, April 24, 2011

Modelling: Ork Deffkopta to Buggy (or bikes)

Do you want buggies instead of those koptas you got from AoBR? Here is my suggestion to converting the koptas to buggies. I really don’t like to field deffkoptas so I was looking for an alternative use for these models and here is the result of a little patience and some spare parts:

The hardest parts to come by are the wheels – I got mine off some old editions Ork trukks, but I suspect that Space Marine Bikers and other wheels will do just nicely as well. The conversion is as simple as it gets. I cut off the arm holding the rotor just above the engine. Used some green-stuff to cover the cut, and used the rotor blades to mount the front wheels.

Alternatively you could add only one wheel front and back and get a bike instead of a buggy.

Happy converting – I’m back with the painted version tomorrow :o)

/Nicolai aka Atoom


No comments:

Post a Comment